What do you do if you just had a fire?March 20, 2017
Fire safetyMay 22, 2017
How to prevent water damage inside and outside of your home
- Disconnect hoses – turn water off to outdoor sources before the temperatures drop below freezing.
- Make sure you know where your main water valve is and there is a clear path to reach it.
- Clean gutters and downspouts before the season starts. Consider making an investment in gutter covers, they are reliable. Ignoring your gutters can cause your foundation to be compromised if water runoff continues.
- Clean downspouts to ensure water can flow through, and make sure they are pointing away from the house.
- Upgrade washing machine hoses and water supply lines for sink and toilets
- Check corrosion and wear and tear on those unit
- Monitor your water bill if you use public utilities. In front of your house there are pipes under your sidewalk that you are responsible for. A pipe can burst without any evidence of a leak in your home. If you notice large consumptions of water on your bill this might be a red flag.